CONTEMPORARY & MODERN ART
- Last Updated on Saturday, 31 December 2011 00:07
The Sharjah Art Foundation has announced the recipients of its 2010 Production Program Grants. Artists Bani Abidi, Zarina Bhimji, and CAMP will receive funds of up to $300,000 to support the realisation of proposed projects.
- Last Updated on Sunday, 25 December 2011 23:49
DEANNA PETHERBRIDGE exhibited her latest series of ink and wash drawings at London's Fischer Fine Arts Gallery, since closed. One of her works deals with the Rushdie affair. In an interview with Sajid Rizvi, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Eastern Art Report, Petherbridge discussed her work, its relevance to the present times and her own place in art. Edited excerpts:
- Last Updated on Monday, 15 August 2005 10:46
The Africa05 season entered London with a flourish this spring.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 01 November 2012 23:43
Tate announced 1 November 2012 its new acquisitions of modern and contemporary African art and related programme in Africa as part of its new partnership with Guaranty Trust Bank plc (GTBank).
- Last Updated on Sunday, 19 May 2013 22:48
El Anatsui spoke to Sajid Rizvi, Publisher and Editor in Chief of Eastern Art Report and publisher of the first book on the artist's work (El Anatsui: A Sculpted History of Africa) at the opening of his exhibition at the October Gallery, London, in August 2005. Below are edited excerpts:
- From the Arab & Islamic worlds and communities
- Textile Arts
- from Africa or African communities
- from Japan or Japanese communities
- from Korea or Korean communities
- from South Asia
- from Tibet and in Tibetan style
- from Turkey or Turkish communities
- from the Chinese world and communities
- from the Iranian world and communities